This month has been hectic with travels, and next month will be no different!
We have Mauritius on the cards and possibly Reunion Island as well. Work (i.e. travel blogging) is just not slowing time anytime soon. Good and Bad.
Good because it’s always fun to travel and get paid for it.
Bad because, our daily routines and more importantly Luca Olesya’s routine tends to go haywire. From nutrition to sleeping habits, it can get really challenging making sure your 1 year old is well cared for.. fed and rested.
Traveling with boo means having to put her, as well as myself to sleep in strange and new places frequently. Young living’s lavender is great for calming and relaxing Luca when she’s anxious or agitated. I put one drop in her long bath at bath time (incidentally, bath-time is family bonding time!). Then I use a 1 drop : 1 teaspoonful v6 carrier oil and massage it on her feet. Out like a light in 10 minutes! (What’s your secret formula to calming your baby? Please leave a comment.. I’d love to learn form you)
Also with boo walking/crawling around and picking up all sorts of dirt and god knows what else, I never ever leave home without thieves.
She’s at the discovery stage which means everything inevitably ends up in her mouth. Before we set out on the tricycle ride or hit the beach, I massage Thieves, 1 drop eo. to 1 teaspoonful V6 carrier oil on her spine and on her feet. It’s the best things ever and Luca hasn’t had any downtime whatsoever, even on difficult, and long trips by land and by air.
Here are some things I’ve done with Lavender that works so well with my family!
1. Add a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
2. Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath (Luca loves this.. so does hubby!)
3. Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
4. Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
5. Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
6. Make DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to get rid of musty smells