Life as a runner can be rewarding. Clocking the miles and really feeling your legs pumping for 21KM is such an exhilarating high. It’s like you never want to come down from it.
But another fact is, this. My skin has suffered the price. I’m constantly in the sun and I have fine wrinkles all over my face from long-term exposure to sun, soot and sweat. It’s not ideal. But hey, everything comes at a price. Including fitness.
Or so I thought.
About a month ago I started using Boswellia Wrinkle Cream from Young Living. When I unboxed it, I was skeptical. The texture was runny and the color a pale yellow. Not like the white thick creams I was used to from another brand. Hmmm, maybe it wouldn’t be potent enough on my (thick) skin?
I decided to put it to the test. For a month I converted my night routine to incorporate Boswellia Wrinkle Cream after my cleanse, wash and tone ritual.
Here’s my photo – No make up (except for lashes! freckles to prove it) and noticeably smoother skin. For 40-year-old skin, I am pretty pleased with the results. The tan has not diminished but the fine lines have.
Boswellia Wrinkle Cream – Frankincense and Sandalwood seems to work well on me, hydrates & reduces the appearance of fine lines. I’m in the sun a lot.. so trust me when I say ladies, you need this cream in your artillery against free radical attack. And this is probably why Frankincense was so precious that the 3 wise men of the New Testament, who bestowed it upon the infant Jesus. They knew! Its healing properties are many fold, and so too, its revitalizing effects on skin. Along with Sandalwood – when my skin gets overly sensitive thanks to too much U.V. exposure, Sandalwood helps calm my agitated skin.
Anyway here are my 5 tips to Great Skin, for women who exercise.
- Use sunblock – no brainer. And if you’re swimming, re-apply it frequently
- Drink tons of water – If you’re worried you’re not drinking enough water during exercising and prolonged sun exposure, there’s a simple solution – check the colour of your wee. If it’s pale and clear .. two thumbs up! If it’s dark orange or brown and smells funky, you need to drink more. Dehydration can cause fatigue, headaches and nausea and can have more serious health consequences. It also makes your skin sallow, dull and dehydrated.
- Wear protection – Wear a cap and sunglasses, to block your face from the sun. Don’t forget that your eyes need protection from ultraviolet rays, too.
- Practice good skin care – aloe vera immediately after sun exposure. We have a huge aloe vera plant at home. I like to cut a bit off and slice open the tongue. Inside is juicy,plump aloe vera flesh – rub it on your skin direct – it re-hydrates, moisturises, and cools your skin after a day in the sun.
- Practice a 4 step ritual at night – Cleanse, Wash, Tone & Moisturize. My face cream of choice is the Boswellia Wrinkle Cream, and now you know why!
And if you practice these 5 steps religiously, I guarantee you’re on your way towards gorgeous skin!