Being a long distance runner, aches and pains in the muscles are an inevitable..
A great way to treat muscle spasm naturally is with celery seeds. I like to add these seeds to my early morning juice but if you can’t get the seeds, the pharmacy sells these in capsule form too.
Here are 10 Health Benefits of Celery Seeds..
1. Anti inflammatory – helps in treating pain and inflammation of the joints. Great for runners with injuries. It helps cure inflammation related ailments such as gout, rheumatism as well as arthritis.
2. Anti cancer . It has some active components that are helpful in fighting cancerous tumor such as polyacetylenes and phthalides.
3. Celery seeds promote good blood pressure levels.
4. It protects as well as reverses the bad effects of acetaminophen (panadol) on the liver.
5. Reduce the cholesterol levels & helps circulatory system problems.
6. Contains flavonoids, linoleic acid, coumarins and several volatile oils
7. Helpful in easing menstrual cramps and pains.
8. Celery seeds are diuretic – helps flush out the toxins along with extra water from the body- most importantly helpful in flushing out the uric acid along with urine.
9. As celery seeds are diuretic in nature they are recommended to people with kidney stones, water retention, as well as gout.
10. Celery seeds are antibiotic as well as antiseptic in nature- useful in curing infection of the urinary tract – treat bladder ailments, kidney troubles and cystitis.