Ever suffered from a niggling sore throat? The sort that is not bad enough to see a doctor, yet it persists in an annoying fashion. Maybe one too many late nights, has caused your body to rebel in this fashion. Have no fear, here are 10 simple home remedies for the dreaded sore throat (but without fever).
Use these as a gargle every 2 – 3 hours and you will probably see favourable results by the end of the day…
1. Salt: Add 1 tsp of table salt to a cupful of warm water. Gargle
2. Cayenne Pepper: Mix 1/8th of a tsp of cayenne pepper with 1/2 cup warm water. Gargle
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar with a cup of warm water. Gargle
4. Ginger: Make a strong brew with freshly grated ginger (about 3 tsp per cup of boiling water), steep for about 5 minutes then stir in a spoonful of honey and sip.
5. Thyme: Brew 1 tablespoon dried thyme in 1 cup boiling water. Strain before using. Gargle
6. Honey & Lemon: Mix two tsp honey and 1 tsp lemon juice with one cup of boiling hot water. Allow to cool a bit then drink.
7. Licorice Root: Make a brew with licorice roots (one or two pieces per cup) and sip. You can also brew licorice tea bags or chew on a piece of licorice root to help relieve the pain. Licorice root can affect blood pressure if too much is consumed, not recommended for those who are pregnant or have high blood pressure.
8. Cloves: Slowly chew on a few cloves.
9. Baking Soda & Salt: Mix 1/2 tsp of each baking soda and salt with a 1/2 cup of warm water. Gargle
10. Hydrogen Peroxide: Gargle diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide to fight the infection. If the taste is too much for you, dilute with some water first (about 50/50).