There are many benefits of early morning running, as opposed to evening running. I happen to be a morning person so it’s easy for me.
However, if you’re not convinced, here are 5 reasons why running early in the morning is better for you!
1. You have accomplished so much already even while the rest of the world sleeps. By the time folks wake up at 730am, you have burned 500 kcals. Isn’t that great? Oh, and I do love catching the occasional unexpected rainbow, and bird in the sky (see photo!) – you definitely don’t get this slumbering in bed;)
2. It revs up your metabolism for the day – You’ve burned most of what you’ve eaten last night, and you can eat a hearty breakfast without guilt!
3. It leaves the evening free, to work out at the gym. I usually workout twice a day – early morning run, followed by resistance/weights training at the gym. Running can help you lose fat and improve your body composition, but exercise should also include resistance training to help build lean muscle and burn fat.
4. If it rains, as is the unpredictable weather in the tropics, you’ve at least managed to get in your work out already!
5. It lowers blood pressure better – early morning exercise has a positive effect on blood pressure and helps you sleep better. The early morning exerciser experienced an average drop of 10 percent in their blood pressure, which lasted all day, and a 25 percent drop at night. If your blood pressure tends toward the high side, your early morning run may have positive long-term benefits to your health!